Monday, June 21, 2010

Lord, I'm having one of those Goliath moments. You know....the ones that are too big to think of without some heart pounding and some mind racing. No matter what speeches I give to myself, the fears continue to rise.

Yes, I know, Lord. There's no sense getting stressed out about the unknown future events. But that's exactly what causes the stress....the unknown! When you know what to expect, you can prepare yourself to deal with it. But there's no dealing with the unknown.

I guess that's where trust in You comes into play. Why would I need to trust if I knew what was coming and how to deal with it? So, I determine to trust You in this stuff, and stop trying to figure these things out. I make a decision, here and now, to place this in your hands and not take it back. I place it in your hands and leave it there. You know best how to untangle the knots and make straight the entanglements that cause confusion and mess. I don't know how to handle anything, and anything I do would not accomplish anything, for I don't know what I'm facing in the future. And....what can I do about it, anyway?

Here, Lord. Take these stresses, these fears and this giant moment that weighs on me. I ask that You might refill those spaces within me with peace and knowledge that You've got it all under control. I know You do....and I will practice trusting You for whatever I'll need today and in the future days. You know that I love You, Lord and I know that You love me. Together we'll get through the known and the unknown.

Thank you, Lord....for....everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment