Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let Go....

Lord, why do I stress over things? Why do I think there's something I can do about them, like I'm in control? Time and time again, I've done something with that idea in mind, only to fall flat on my face. I can NOT fix it! But....I know Who can!

I'm learning. I've been praying for almost as long as I've been breathing. Somehow, I always knew that You were there, and listening. Of course, my early prayers were more like playing "Let's Make A Deal" with You and most often those prayers were answered in a way that I was happy with. As I grew older...and a little wiser...I learned to pray in a different way, but still hoped things would turn out my way. Now, these days, this old lady has learned that YOUR way is the best way, no matter what I might ask for or think I'd like to see.

I've figured out that there's really not one thing I can do about anything, and that worrying is such a waste of time. When I pray, I know You hear. I know You are not sleeping or inactive. I know You are interested in doing what is best, and I know that no matter what I want, You will have Your will. So....I'm learning to let go.

Thank you, Jesus, for always doing what is best. Thank you for helping me to Let Go and turn it over to You. You've already got the controls, but You do delight in hearing me say, "Go ahead. You drive. I'll just sit back and watch the scenery."

I love You, Lord! Drive on.....and I'll try not to be a back seat driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment