Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blessed

Lord, so often I hear the news of some trial or huge challenge that one is facing. My heart fills with compassion for that one, and my words form in prayer, asking You to give all that the person needs in order to come through victoriously.

I am blessed to be able to help in such a way. I've had situations that were too big for me to handle gracefully, and You've always answered my prayers and those of others who pray on my behalf. Thank you for providing for me...grace for every situation. You never fail us.

I am blessed to have that gift, and the knowledge that You never leave us or forsake us. You love your children and care for them without measure, without discrimination, without condition.
Lord, thank you for that love and care. I don't deserve such love, not because of anything I've done, and yet, You freely give it, not in payment for my behavior, but because You are God.

I am truly blessed to be one of Your children, and as long as I live and breathe, I pray that I will be a well-behaved child. I hope that when I see You, face to face, that You will say to me, "Well done, good and faithful servant." I don't want You to say that because it will be a reward for me, I want You to say it because I pleased You. I want to please You because I love You and because You have blessed me in so many ways, I want to give back.

Thank you, my precious Savior, for every blessing You have showered upon me. Help me to live my life in such a way that You are blessed by my life, and that others, too, will be blessed by my love for You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment