Monday, March 7, 2011

Reminders...

No one knows as well as I how much I owe to our Lord for His gift of salvation and newness of life. I do attempt to do the things I know that would please Him. Every now and then, however, I am reminded that I might not be all that I should be as a Christian.

I am grateful that His Still Small Voice speaks, by His Spirit and through His written Word, to my heart. As a shepherd with an errant lamb, my Good Shepherd gently leads me on the path to a better way. He is patient with me, knowing my silly reasons for thinking and doing all that I do. His hope is that I will grow to be more like Him as I walk with Him. It is my hope, too.

Recently a new reminder was presented. I have been reading a number of new blogs, one of which is written by a young woman who was formerly a member of an Amish community. She writes with such honesty and humility and conviction! As I read of her hardwork, her bright attitude, her gentleness and lack of judgement and complaint, I think how I must look in comparison. Much of what she was raised with in her faith are so foreign to me, and I'm sure she could say the same about my life. It has led me to examine my ways, to hold my tongue, to rethink the thoughts that form judgements of others.

I'm not saying that I'm comparing myself to this woman, I don't need to do that. What I need to do is to look at myself and try to see where I'm falling down in my life as a child of God. If comparison is done, it should be Jesus that I need to measure up to.

Lord, please forgive my failings. Help me to keep my eyes on You, and to grow closer to You in my efforts to measure up to all that You would have me to be. And...thank you for all the reminders you send my way to help me to please You.

............................................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment