Thursday, February 26, 2009

On the RIGHT Path


Robert Frost wrote this poem called 'The Road Not Taken".

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I--I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Yes. In my life, I have traveled many a path, seeking my way through the tangles and the briars and the swamp lands. I've followed the well-trod dirt way and climbed the rocky, barren road. Forks in the road appeared from time to time, where choices had to be made as to the route to take.

Too often I chose the one that was not the best one.



One day while wandering alone on these paths of life, I found an intersection, where again, I needed to make a decision. This decision turned out to be the most important decision I'd ever made. I decided to give my life and my future to the Lord Jesus.

Over the years since that day, I have tried to do what He lays out in the Bible. I've stumbled and fallen and I've made mistakes. But no matter how long it took for me to realize my ill-doing, God was always there and available to forgive and to help me move on the right path.

People have told me that I'm brain-washed. Good, I say! I've been washed by the blood of Jesus at Calvary...and I really do believe that includes my brain!

People have said that the Bible is merely a book, maybe a history book, maybe a book of nice stories or even fairy tales. It isn't. It is God's Word,
His truth, His light for the path. It is a road map to help you find your way to an eternal life with God. It has all the traffic signs within it...STOP, Yield, One Way, Wrong Way, No U-Turn, Curve ahead. You name it, the signs and directions are there. It will take you over the mountainous routes, it will take you through the valleys. It will take you to the place of rest and refreshment, and it will guide you every step of your journey.

In all my years since that major decision to follow the Path of Life, I have learned much. I have much left to learn, but I know this much. Like Frost, when two roads diverged, I chose the one less traveled....and that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment